Monday, March 24, 2014

Hardwiring Happiness


I've been reading the book, Hardwiring Happiness, written by Neuropsychologist, Rick Hanson, Ph.D. and am about 1/2 of the way though. I've read enough to be able to recommend this self-help book.  Dr. Hanson does a thorough job of explaining basic neuroscience concepts of how the brain processes both good and bad experiences and why the brain is like Velcro for the bad and Teflon for the good.

I found the passage below intriguing. Perhaps it is my love of chocolate cake. I will have to test this out the next time I am under extreme duress. I do think that this seems like a great coping technique...

(click on photo to enlarge)



Time for bed and dreams of chocolate cake and ice cream!

We are a work-in-progress!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I feel like I'm constantly trying to hang on to positivity. I surround myself with positive messages and try to remember to practice healthy habits, but it often seems like it will never be effortless. I want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete