Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Update

As Spring Break was coming to a close, I had to stay over at my sister's house Saturday night. She had to attend an out-of-town event with her husband and her 17 year old son wanted to stay behind. He also wanted to have a few friends sleep over. I was to watch over the house and dog and make sure both were still standing when my sister and brother-in-law returned.

Colin ended up coming with me so he could visit with the dog. We haven't been to the house for a while and Colin may have ready for a change of scenery after a week of being mostly house-bound.

While we did not speak during the half-hour car ride and had minimal contact at the house, the trip was a success. When my son was finally ready for dinner, he asked me if I could pick up Wendy's for him. He also helped me with the t.v. in the family room as I did not know how to figure out all the steps to making it work.

At one point, one of my sister's friends came to visit and Colin sat with us in the living room and participated in our conversation. I was so impressed with how normal it all seemed. When my son was out of earshot, the  friend congratulated me on the progress.

Colin stayed camped-out in the living room with his laptop and blanket and spent the night bundled up on a soft chair. I slept in his old room. We hung out until 1:00 p.m. and headed back home. The house was still standing, none the worse for wear, the guests were well-behaved and the dog enjoyed the extra attention. Best of all is the lack of bad-behavior or disrespect from my son.

We may never get back to where we were before "Miso" reared it's ugly head but I am ecstatic at how far we have come.

As always, we are a work-in-progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment