Monday, September 14, 2015

Another Decent Weekend!

As time goes on, we continue to see progress with Colin.

Friday night was yet another home game for the football team. This time the theme was Camouflage as a nod to the troops. Middle-son decided to stay home as he had the ACT's the next day and wanted to be in good shape. He did loan his brother a camo-paintball suit and matching cap. Colin asked for opinions on his get-up which I thought looked fine (although he was swimming in the XL suit!). I loaned him a pair of my combat boots which seemed to fit him! I wear an 8 1/2 women's and he is currently a men's size 7 which is about the same size other than the width. I was even allowed to take a photo!

He politely asked for a ride and I dropped him off in front of the stadium. A half-hour before he wanted to be picked up, he called home and was again cordial and clear about timing. This trip was performed by my husband and again went smoothly.

Off to the Races


Saturday morning I was up at my usual 6:00 a.m. for dog duties and middle-son was up and getting ready for his ACT exam. Colin was fast asleep on the living room couch. Not sure if he had another bug issue in his room but at least he seemed to be sleeping soundly.

After the dog was fed and walked, I went to work for a few hours to complete a project. When I arrived back home later that morning, Colin had retreated to his room. His weekly cross country meet was not until later that afternoon.

When middle-son came back home, I took him out for lunch while hubs went with Colin to the meet. It gave us a chance to catch up as well as spending a bit of quality time. I wanted to hear about Colin's progress at school as well as make sure my son knows he is appreciated for helping with his baby brother.

I was concerned about Colin getting along at school and having friends. My 17 year old assured me that Colin is well-liked and is happy and is not afraid to speak his mind.  He is known for being cute and funny, although sometimes his humor is unintentional.

Viva La France!


I was given a recent example. Middle-son heard the same story from several different sources.

There is a new student who has a locker near Colin. Apparently he spoke with what seemed to be a fake accent and our son found it annoying. A hallway exchange was overheard by several boys.

"Dude, you gotta cut this annoying sh*t out; speaking in a fake accent like you are from France or something!"

"But I AM from France!"

"Whatever...."  as he shook his head and walked away.

Colin had unknowingly insulted the new exchange student from France!

 

Another Personal Best 


The meet went well and Colin shaved another 30 seconds off his time. He collapsed on the couch after arriving home and later spent yet another night in the living room. I was not able to get an a clear answer if there was a problem in his room, like bugs. It is encouraging that our son is able to spend more time upstairs as the year goes on.

Sunday was anther uneventful day. I had very little interaction with Colin. He spent most of the day in his room. 

His behavior has been much better as well. This does not mean he is trigger-free but he seems to be coping better. At this point we are still subjected daily to "shushes" which I don't really consider bad behavior. I take this as a warning that he does not want to hear any conversation. We try to comply as best as possible.

And it seems to be working.

We are a work-in-progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment