Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Glimmer of Hope

 Post to Parent Group August 29 at 9:31am
I am SUPER excited! I just got off the phone with my old friend who does Neuro Feedback. 
She is coming to our house this weekend with a machine that we will rent for a nominal fee and she will teach us how to use it.* This will save us from traumatic car rides to her office. Since my son is so resistant to talking about his issues or accepting help, we are making this appear to be a social visit and the treatment will be under the premise of a tool we are evaluating for enhancing athletic performance ( all 3 of my boys are swimmers). Kay uses a symptom-based, infra-low frequency system that can be used with DVDs of my son's choosing (we have tons!). She has a special-needs child that has made great progress with this method and how she came to use it in her practice. #veryhopeful
* Typically a family must complete 40 sessions in the clinic before a system is allowed in the home. Our family is in an extreme crisis situation and may be breaking some rules.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment