Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ringing the New Year

As we get ready to ring in the new year, I want to end on a positive note. My sister and I have agreed to end all contact for the time-being. I view this as a good thing. It has been difficult to have any type of conversation without it being stressful for both of us. We will leave the reporting up to the Behavioral Psychology team. My reports on Colin will be more sparse for now.

I am committed to becoming an active force in helping others with Misophonia / 4-S.  A discussion in one of my Misophonia Support Groups on FaceBook led to the idea of a special shopping site that would benefit the Misophonia Association. The idea would be to sell t-shirts and wristbands for awareness and have other products such as books, sound generators and headphones that are highly recommended by the "experts" (misophonia sufferers and professionals that treat this disorder).This will be my project, to make this a reality.

As hard as this journey has been, I have been blessed to have found so many kindred spirits through my online support groups. I also have been lifted up by words of support from fellow bloggers. The biggest award goes to my sister, who against her better judgement stepped up to the plate when it seemed we were out of options. For this I will be forever grateful.

I am hopeful that I will come out the other side a stronger and better person. In the words of Gloria Gaynor, "I will survive"!

To all I wish a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! 


As always.....We are a work-in-progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment